At Buckeye Insurance Group, our Claims department is committed to making certain that you receive exceptional service. Handling the protection and restoration of your assets in a fair manner is our top priority. Our expert customer service and years of experience will give you the peace of mind that your claims are being handled with excellence.
What to do after an accident or claim?
Obtain necessary information
- Record date, time, and place of accident/claim
- Name, address, phone number, and license number of individuals involved
- Name, address, and phone number of any witnesses
- If your home is damaged take necessary steps to prevent further damage
- Save receipts and documentation from emergency repairs
- Make a list of damaged or stolen property
- Gather as much information as possible concerning the accident/claim
- When necessary, contact local police department and file a police report
- Do not sign any statements or make any admission of fault until you speak to your agent
- Claims with significant or interior water damage will be inspected first
- Take necessary steps to prevent further damage to your property
- Make a list of personal property damaged
- We will provide a copy of our estimate to the insured with our claim payment
- Should the insured or contractor selected by the insured have any questions about our estimate or discover additional damage during repairs, please have them contact us directly to discuss these issues
How do I file a claim?
Contact your Agent
If you are unable to contact your agent; claims may be directly reported to our office by calling 1-800-672-3558 Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. To find your local agent, you may go to the Agent Locator
and search by City, State or Zip code.
Report a vehicle claim with our mobile apps ( Android
When will you be contacted after filing a claim?
Quick claim service is our top priority. Generally, our claim staff will contact you the same day your claim is received in our office.
Where to send paperwork?
Additional claim paperwork can be faxed to the claims department at 1-937-778-5022 or it can be mailed to our home office:
Buckeye Insurance Group
One Heritage Place
Piqua, OH 45356
Whenever possible, please include your claim number on any correspondence to the company.
We have resident adjusters in these additional states: Ohio, Indiana, Kansas, Georgia and South Dakota. Correspondence can be faxed directly to their attention. Contact the home office for the appropriate adjuster and their fax number.
What if I need glass repair to my vehicle?
The claim can be reported to your agent or our glass network - Safelite at 1-800-887-5943 or ( www.safelite.com ). You will need to provide them with vehicle information, the glass piece that needs repaired, and your auto policy number.
How to file a roadside assistance claim?
If you currently need to report a claim regarding roadside assistance call 855-237-3823. If roadside assistance has been provided and you need to file a claim, please use this form.