These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 8/1/2021.
The Buckeye State Mutual Insurance Company and its subsidiary Home and Farm Insurance Company (collectively, identified as “Buckeye Insurance Group”, “Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) produces Buckeye Insurance Group’s websites and provides the services and products offered or discussed thereon (collectively, the “Site”). This Policy reflects the policies and practices of Buckeye Insurance Group regarding the collection, disclosure, and confidentiality of your nonpublic personal information. At Buckeye Insurance Group, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We want you to understand what information we collect about you and how we use that information. This Policy applies to our relationship with you.
We restrict access to non-public personal information about you that we collect to those employees and agents who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable United States of America federal and state standards to guard your nonpublic personal information. If for some reason there is a breach of our security and personal data is accessed, we will notify you as required by law.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information which we receive from you on applications or other forms (such as your name, address, date of birth, and so forth).
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates and agents, or others.
- Information which we receive from third parties, such as consumer reporting agencies.
- Information we collect automatically and through cookies and similar technology as discussed below.
Personal information is any information that identifies you and describes your relationship with us. Some examples of the personal information that the we may collect include:
- Name, address, and Social Security number
- Assets and income
- Property address and value
- Account and policy information
- Driver's license number
- Financial information
- Credit reports and other consumer report information
- Information from applications and transactions
- User names and passwords
- Any information you provide us
- Public information
We may gather certain information automatically using cookies along with online technologies, whenever you use our Site, send us an email, or interact with our emails and advertisements. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser information, internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, session ID, date and time stamp, geolocation, and click stream data. We use this information to:
- Conduct website analysis
- Recognize your browser or device
- Remember your preferences and interactions
- Collect information about our website usage and email responses
- Log activity on our website
- Market products or services to you
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further products or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Because we know that the security of your nonpublic personal information is important to you, we only use nonpublic personal information in the following ways:
- For our own internal purposes to best manage our relationship with you;
- To share such information with our independent agents for the purpose of best managing our relationship and the agents’ relationship with you;
- Any manner that may be permitted by law or consented to by you; or
- Any other uses discussed in this Policy.
For example, we may disclose your nonpublic personal information as indicated above when necessary to service your policy, to investigate and pay claims, and to process transactions at your request.
If you end your relationship with us, we will continue to adhere to the policies and practices described in this Policy as may be required by law.
You can ask us not to share your information with other Buckeye Insurance Group agents, independent agents, or our business partners to market new products to you. Please remember, we offer many different types of products and services. You may not want to opt out if you would like to learn about these products directly from us. Please call us at 1-800-672-3558 to opt out of this sharing. You may opt out at any time and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
If you are a customer, you can ask us for a copy of your personal information and correct or change it if necessary. Each of our companies or agents may have different contact information and instructions for requesting this information.
We may update this Policy to reflect changes in our information practices or terms and conditions of use. If we make material changes to our Policy, we’ll post the changes right here and notify you by posting a notice on the Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to review this page for the latest information on our Policy. Changes to this Policy are effective on and after the date posted.
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. Buckeye Insurance Group does not knowingly collect or maintain information at our website from persons under the age of 13. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 1-800-672-3558.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights regarding their data, including:
- The right to know the categories of personal information we have collected and the categories of sources from which we got the information
- The right to know the business purposes for sharing personal information
- The right to know the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information
- The right to access the specific pieces of personal information we have collected and the right to delete your information
California residents also have the right to not be discriminated against if they choose to exercise their privacy rights. The CCPA may or may not apply to us, and it is made a part of this Policy only if it is applicable. For more information regarding your rights under the CCPA, click here.
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Ohio, without reference to conflict of law principles. By accessing our Site and providing Buckeye Insurance Group with personal data, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the State of Ohio for any and all disputes or actions that may arise.
If you have any questions about this Policy, concerns about the way Buckeye Insurance Group processes your personal data, or want to gain access to the personal data we collected from you, please contact us and provide us with your comments, at 1-800-672-3558.
*The information on Buckeye Insurance Group’s websites is provided on an “as-is” basis without any warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Buckeye Insurance Group makes no representations or warranties that access to our websites will be available on a continuous or timely basis, or will be error free.
In no event shall Buckeye Insurance Group, or its affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, or their respective officers, directors, or employees be liable for any incidental, consequential, direct, or indirect damages, even if informed in the advance of the possibility of such damages.
Buckeye Insurance Group has not reviewed the accuracy of the content of any websites linked to any of our websites. No endorsement of websites linked to our websites is made, either express or implied. Use of such links is at your own risk.
The Site contains information about products or services that may or may not be available outside the state or country of origin, or may be available under different trade names or trademarks. Nothing on our Site shall be construed as an offer to sell any product or service to any particular customer or in any particular jurisdiction. Buckeye Insurance Group reserves the right to accept or reject any offer to purchase any products or services. In addition, Buckeye Insurance Group standard Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to all purchases of Buckeye Insurance Group products or services.
If Buckeye Insurance Group sends to you any notice or other correspondence via electronic mail, it shall be your responsibility to ensure receipt of that communication. Buckeye Insurance Group shall not be responsible for communication not received by you for any reason, including but not limited to rejection due to size, format, or content.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Buckeye Insurance Group, and all of its officers, directors, owners, agents, employees, affiliates, licensors, licensees and third party service providers (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, and claims and all fees, costs, expenses of any kind related thereto (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys fees) incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of, based upon or resulting from (i) your access to and/or use of any Buckeye Insurance Group website; and/or (ii) your breach or violation of this Policy. Buckeye Insurance Group reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You shall not in any event settle any matter without the written consent of Buckeye Insurance Group.
If any portion of this Policy is found to be unenforceable, the remaining sections of this Policy will remain in effect and the unenforceable provision shall be automatically modified to the least extent required to make it enforceable.
Failure by Buckeye Insurance Group, in any instance, to exercise any of its rights under this Policy will not constitute waiver of such right or any other rights under this Policy.